Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm backing off

I've said this a lot of times.
I don't think you know.
But somebody knows.
I made a lot of promises but were always broken.

I always end up enjoying the moments... which I think is worth it.
But this time... I'm serious.
I'm gonna keep my promise.
Maybe I saw the sign...

That I should really back off.
I think it will be for the best, especially for me.
Honestly, I'm hurting... no matter how I try to hide and deny what I feel... yes, I am really hurting.
I don't blame you.

It's not you.
It's me.
No promises were made.
I'm not expecting anything (as it should be)

But at the back of my mind, I wish there's something...
Maybe not today or in the new future
But half of me is expecting something.
I tried so hard not to nurture the feeling.

But it keeps on growing everyday.
Now tell me, is there something wrong with me?
Am I assuming?
I don't think I am.

I am backing off.
Now that I can still can.
Coz I might reach the day...
Where I can no longer say no.

Goodbye.

2 comments: