Saturday, March 14, 2009

Taking Risks

Taking risks is the key to entering life more deeply, experiencing it in a happier and fuller fashion. When we no longer hide the truth about ourselves, others can see us truly, perhaps for the first time (from the book: If you really knew me, would you still like me?)

I took the risks.
I rode the Space Shuttle for the first time last Saturday.
I've been to EK for more than 8 times but it was my first time to ride the Space Shuttle. I was always been scared. I am afraid of heights. I just opted to watch the people scream their hearts out while enjoying the ride.

Mindset.
Prior to going to EK, I told myself, that this visit will be different. I will face my fears. There's no use in hinding. My fears will haunt me one way or the other. So this is it!

As we enter EK, we immediately go to the Space Shuttle. I was so scared then. But brave enough not to tell them that I'm scared. I just told them that it's my first time. Good thing, I'm not alone. I'm not the only first timer. That made me feel braver. And before I knew it, the ride was over. The only thing I remembered was, I just screamed my heart out and felt better after the ride. Imagine? I was able to face one of my fears that day. Woohoo!

You know how it feels when you accomplished something that you thought all the time you can't? It was soooo amazing!
In real life, we fear a lot of things. We tend to settle for what we currently have - conformity.
We stay on a place or situation that we don't want but we're used to - our comfort zones.
Because we fear change, we fear rejection.
But taking the risk might lead to something good.
Think about it.

No comments: